New Year Goals 2020
After achieving 9 of my goals that I set myself last year, I thought I would do the same thing again for 2020. I have a lot more that I want to achieve this year. Last years goals felt very boring and necessary, like setting myself up for the ‘real world’ after Uni. They involved a lot of stress and tears and I’m very glad to be done with them. This year, I’m going to do more for me and challenge myself to try new things.
So my goals for 2020 are:
1. Climb a mountain. Literally. I want to get fitter, stronger, and healthier and I want to climb a mountain. I would love to do the three peaks challenge, but I’ll see how the first mountain goes!
2. Be more organised. I’ve always thought of myself as quite an organised person but juggling full time work, house hold chores and time for self-care has been a bit of a struggle! Let alone finding time to see my friends! I’ll find the balance eventually but it’s something that’s gonna take some more work!
3. Eat better. Cook more. Try new things. I’ve lost a lot of weight since starting my new job. Losing weight is rewarding and satisfying when you know it’s through healthy eating and exercise and it’s an active decision to benefit your health. Losing weight is not as satisfying when you know it’s down to skipping meals and eating poorly.
4. Make more adventures. Since graduating and moving to London I’ve weirdly felt very bored. I can’t put my finger on why I feel like this. I’m surrounded by so many new things but I have an overwhelming feeling of ‘is this it?’ In the new year I’m determined to make new adventures and explore more of the city I live in.
5. Make more efforts to be sustainable. This was a goal last year that I kind of stopped with. I did make lots of changes and stuck to almost all of them. But I can definitely do more. Each month I am going to try and give up one thing and stick to it all year. E.g. stop buying veg in plastic wrap, switch to toothpaste tabs.
6. Make more time for my blog. When I look back at old blog posts, I’m so proud of my work. Whether people are reading it or not, I love writing and it’s something I need to make more time for. As a bare minimum I would like to set aside 1 hour a week to write. I hope that once I’m in this routine, it’ll start to build up naturally.
7. Get a tattoo.
8. Travel!! Book a holiday or an adventure of some sort. We’re hopefully heading to Amsterdam and Poland in the summer!
9. Do more things for me. Go to a museum alone. Go for coffee alone. Go for a long walk alone. I’ve always been quite happy in my own company but recently I’ve not been enjoying it so much. I think that’s because I’ve been feeling a little lost moving to a big old city. I want to start doing things alone again because I can.
10. Be happy. I’ve been so negative this year. I want to try and think more positively next year. If I’m unhappy, I need to change something.
Writing this list has filled me with so much hope and excitement for the year ahead, something that I think has been lacking recently. I’m ready to fill my year with adventures!
What are your goals for 2020?